May 14, 2013

Goodbye Mr. Max


I had to say good-bye today to my buddy Max. I rescued Max and his sister Cleo when they were 6 weeks old, 12 years ago. He was the shyest little guy, quiet, timid, unlike Cleo who has always let her presence be known.

Max, Cleo and I have been through alot together; they moved to Nashville from California with me almost 10 years ago. Chip, Stella and I, with all of our animal friends (Max, Cleo, Jack, Maggie), just moved to a new house a few weeks ago.

Max fell ill just a few days ago and with the support and guidance of the Veterinarian, I last saw him today. This photo is from our visit together, just me and him. I gave him the pets he likes best, at the tip of his head and ears. He was quite docile in our visit, not unlike his disposition, generally.

It is strange to be home to Cleo tonight, not knowing what is going on in her little mind. These guys were in the womb together and have been at each others side every single day. We love her a little bit extra tonight in his absence.

Good-bye, buddy.
M


Side note: Yes, we're ok. I know its been some time since we posted. We were preparing our house to sell, sold a house, looked for a new house, found a house, have since moved and our world has been turned upside down. We have SO MANY things to post about, so at some point, prepare yourself for a ridiculous run of events. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment