November 4, 2008

O baby!


Tonight Stella helped us cheer our candidate into history. You would have to lack breath to not be moved by Barack Obama's ability to inspire and unify our nation. Just looking at him helps me believe that there is much hope for our country. We are a new America and our future looks bright from where I stand.

As parents we make choices for our children until they are able to find their own voice. My choice, and today's victory, I made for my daughter so that one day her voice will be heard. In this country she has the opportunity to be who she wants to be, live the life she wants to live and make decisions for herself that are hers to make. It is my job as her mother to protect that - for the next 4 years anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Dave & I are glad to see Jude has a fellow Obama baby supporter~ maybe he & Stella can get married!

    ReplyDelete