February 7, 2008

Meet Stella Rose Jordan


Well, here she is. I guess all the prognosticators were right. (except Jessica)

Markana and I had our 18th-week visit this morning. We not only found out the sex, but that everything looks good, healthy and on track. A great relief.

For the first time, I was the nervous wreck and she was the calm one. For some reason, I started getting nervous last night and it carried over into this morning. Anyone who knows our story understands our worries to this point, but even though we're statistically in the clear, I found myself jittery and impatient. The first glimpse of the heartbeat settled me.

(yes, I hear the comments flooding in from the experienced, "It's your first of many worries for your child...")

So from here it's all pretty normal, I guess. Another simple check up in four weeks, and another ultrasound four weeks later. Can't wait to see her again.

scary face

little feet

2 comments:

  1. OMG! We are SO excited for you all and so thankful that everything went well and looks good! I love the name Stella - so hip and fun! I remember the day we found out we were having a boy - it seemed to make everything so much more real at that point, especially for Mike. Well, congrats on the healthy visit and on having a baby girl, we can't wait to met Miss Stella...and, yes Max does like blonds- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the pink and the BIG hair bows! The Shelton family is all about girls. :) I love her name.

    ReplyDelete