June 27, 2008

Waiting for Stella

I had a nice visit with a midwife yesterday. Not sure why they want you to come in once a week since nothing has happened to report. I repeat - nothing has happened!!!

Yesterday afternoon I found myself unable to do anything but lay on the couch and involve myself in countless episodes of Law and Order. Pathetic, I know. But I am feeling not only discomfort, but a deepening bout of angst. Chip and I just look at each other and wonder when she is coming. We wonder when, we wonder how, will he be at work, will he have taken the bus to work that day and have to find a ride home, will there be construction on the interstate and what alternate route will we take? My mom warned me of the dangers of having too much time to sit and wait...

But really, the suspense is killing us! We just can't wait to see her. I try and try, but I can't get a visual in my head of what she will look like. I watch Chip as he is sleeping and wonder if she will have his mouth or his eyes (he hopes that she does not inherit his nose). I love to look at her little gowns and hold them up my belly and imagine how tiny and snugly she will be. I long to see her and hold her and love her.

3 comments:

  1. Waiting is the worst...I used to hold up Max's clothes too and wonder how little or big he would be. There is honestly nothing more sweet as when you hear that first cry and see their sweet little faces. We are SO excited for you all and just remember to rest now, there won't be much of it before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cherish every moment! It is going to be such a wonderful time and very soon all those "I wonder's. . . " will be real! I am so excited for you both! I loved all the pictures from the Shower and wish I could have been there!! Thank you for my COOL bag! Love it! We will be thinking of you!!

    Love Always,

    Lynn & The Boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, and my mother, had to share in the celebration of this new little life. We wanted to send you, your husband and your new baby girl many, many blessings. You will be a wonderful mother, Markana! And way to go with choosing a Nurse-Midwife (I have to support my kind now that I'm a Nurse-Midwife too!).

    With lots of love and support,

    Dominique
    (who is expecting #2 in Oct!)

    ReplyDelete