March 21, 2008

Peace and Love

It seems that I may have offended some people with my latest entry. You must know that it certainly was not my intention. We started this blog as an opportunity to document our experiences through this process - a journal if you will.

What a wondrous life that we all get to live filled with choices and experiences that are our own. At the time of that entry, I was battling my own frustration of outside voices being projected on my choices. Choices that have been dear to my heart, and I, too, have been offended.

What a gift, as women, that we have the opportunity to make decisions about our bodies and childbirth. I am so thankful that I live in a city that has the resources that we need to help us learn through this process. I am most thankful that I have a loving and true companion to share this experience with. I know that we have never done this before, and Stella will come at her will, but if we all work together this will be a beautiful first memory for us all.

Every child begins the world again.
- Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment